Wednesday, August 26, 2009

You Dropped a Bomb on Me

Today I returned a long avoided phone call and had a bomb the size of 2400 square feet dropped on me. A bomb with 4 bedrooms, specially ordered windows and arched doorways, designed and built by hand. A bomb that came way too late in the campaign but is unsettling none the less. I could be flip and callous and get some really good jokes out of this but the truth is, I can't live with turning someone's dream into a joke (in print). Even if they never see it and even if they do deserve a donkey kick to the head.
But, on a lighter note, I ran my first IEP meeting flawlessly. That's an Individualized Education Plan for those of you not working in Special Ed or products of it. Some of us are both. I also finally got the mailbox sorted out and the checks WERE in the mail so I'm back in toilet paper and soap and that's nice. I'm damn good at being poor but so tired of it.

No comments: