Saturday, August 15, 2009

Odds and Ends

I realized that I have not been sensitive to friends who may have visual impairments with this mostly photographic blog. So, here's a video I took at a glacier on a boat tour the other day. If you listen, you can hear the "calving" or breaking off of ice and the wave that follows. This was taken with my camera though and the sound is not nearly as impressive as it is in person, when it sounds like really loud thunder. I'll try to do this more often in the future.



And a few other things I've forgotten to mention: I made fun of the Sister for getting pulled over twice in Canada but guess who now has FOUR points (!!) on their license for a speeding ticket? Thanks, Trooper Tennis. Got another warm welcome from a government employee, I won't mention the names I've dubbed her, but I'll say that the Postal Service should really try to be more accommodating and less rude in this age of technology. Do you guys remember the hair in the Flock of Seagulls band? Seen a pug's face lately? I do and I have. Got told that I look old by a guy with no teeth and Little Sister was told she was a "big girl" by a perv who held the door at the Post Office, just to watch her walk by. This is not to say that I haven't encountered some very nice people, it's just to say that things have been interesting. Per usual.

No comments: