Monday, August 17, 2009

Hackey Sack and Scabies Anyone?

Antony Bourdain's show is in San Francisco! I love him. Not like I love Mike Rowe though. My love for Mike is, well....dirtier. Sorry Brother.
Anyway, Anthony Bourdain still has my heart because he travels and loves greasy food and meat and martinis and says things like, "If God has taught us anything it's that he wants us to eat oysters and bacon together with a martini." That poetic title above is his as well... the Haight, of course. Right now he's at House of Prime Rib, 2 blocks from my apartment. Excuse me, my OLD apartment.
There's a strong tradition of repression and denial in my cultural heritage that prohibits me from talking about my feelings on the subject of leaving my city, but here I am having a 'moment'A lot like the glacier photo, no? Just very different forms of beauty.

Cuban sandwiches in the Mission, crab in Chinatown! RED'S JAVA HOUSE!!! Anthony, how could you? I'm all verklempt, talk amongst yourselves.

3 comments:

kathryn said...

Looks more like the Empire State Building moment. I don't think you actually shed a tear at the glacier.

debacled said...

Something blew into my eye at the Empire State Building. It's windy up there.

kathryn said...

uh huh