Tuesday, August 11, 2009

First Day

The reason we made the trip so fast is because I got an email on the 3rd requesting that I attend a seminar for new employees on the 1th. We hadn't planned on having a schedule and my apartment wasn't going to be ready until the fourteenth so that really changed our plans.
The 3rd was spent completing my pre-employment physical and drug test in Portland so we didn't do any driving that day. P.s. The doctor asked me if she could see my wingspan and actually giggled and said "Just like in the textbooks!" Upon hearing my medical history, she shook my hand and said "Congratulations on getting to thirty." She was cute though and just excited to learn about Marfan Syndrome.
Anyway, driving for so long with no cell service and no towns to stop in, the days all ran together. I was constantly asking the Sister what day it was. Yet, somehow I still got confused and thought I needed to be here by yesterday morning instead of today. Oops. Coulda slowed my roll a bit but there was NOTHING to see out there anyway. Funny though, it reminds me of the summer I went to fly home from Maine and the lady who took my ticket looked at me real funny and said, "Ma'am, this flight was yesterday." Still haven't lived that one down.
So I'm off to my first day on the job. Would have liked to have found some nicer clothes but I'm not digging through everything for an inservice day. I'm just happy I found clean jeans and don't have to wear the ones from the trip. Ok, and the month before the trip. Those ones are getting ready to walk themselves to the laundrymat.

Favorite island in Maine.

Favorite kid from Maine

No comments: