Wednesday, October 28, 2009

California Runs Dry

That's the headline that'll run in this weekend's papers after the entire Irish-Italian family desends on Dixon, CA and cleans out every liquor store around. My grandpa, The Don, The Boss, El Jeffe, died last week seven years to the day that grandma died. Love you gramps, say hello to the rest of the family.

It's been a rough week, knowing the entire clan is gathering in California and I'm so far away. I'm missing one hell of a party, that's for sure. I don't regret moving here and never will but not being available to my friends and family doesn't feel good. Might as well be in a damn foreign country for the cost of getting home. And yeah, I'm breaking the no face pictures rule again but how could I not with this one?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture of you and Grandpa! You forgot that he was also the Duke...after John Wayne. I wonder what happened to his dog. We all missed you yesterday but felt that you were there in spirit. It was a great party! I'm sure that everybody will be calling with their stories. Love always, Mom

little sister said...

I hate that you are doing your mourning alone. I am still recovering from the partying. We all missed you