Sunday, November 1, 2009

Have a Little Help From My Friends

The last two Saturdays I've actually had PLANS and real people to hang out with. That's right people, I have FRIENDS. It's funny how the simplest thing like dinner at a someone's house can be so damn exciting and fun. It's a simple life, and I'm loving it.Last week Mrs. Hawker and I took her four wheeler to the beach and collected agates. Good times, beautiful day. Helped Mrs. Kasch and the Mister get a little more winter ready this weekend in exchange for excellent company over awesome seafood chowder, an interesting game of darts at the local bar (where you can only stay for an hour before the cigarette smoke starts burning your eyes and eating your lungs), a bunk for the night, a sourdough starter, breakfast and a slight hangover. Obviously the exchange rate was strongly in my favor.

3 comments:

M. Kasch said...

Mrs. Kasch. Whaaat?! :-)
It was awesome that you came out here. Thanks for all your help, the beer, and most of all- fun! We need excuses to get out and socialize- even if it means an evening at the Hunger Hut.

M. Kasch said...

Another comment. . .
I just read this aloud to Christoph. His response: "She's fun."
:-)
Can't wait to do this again!

J-ROK said...

Hi! I'm a blurker (and Kasch's sister). I just want to say that I TOTALLY know what you mean about how awesome it is to be invited over for dinner... especially when you're new to an area!