Friday, November 27, 2009

Days 2 & 3

Were you wondering if I carved more than a turkey yesterday? Well I did, but the list did not include the mother. Just my finger. Actually, I peeled it - a good chunk right out of my knuckle. But, no blood got in the potatoes so it was all good. Turkey turned out well, neighbor came over, it was a very nice day and I even made cranberry sauce out of the last of my cranberry stash.
Today we woke to many inches of snow and decided to go to Homer. I was worried that the visibility would be poor and the parents wouldn't get to see the amazing views but check it out

GORGEOUS! And look how cute they are, freezing their asses off

After Homer we made it home in time for quick turkey sandwiches and a wardrobe change before going to the holiday light parade. "Parade" may be a little of an overstatement. I think there were about 7 entries.


Half of the parade minus the freezing temperatures.

Dad got a kick out of all the people sitting in their cars to watch the parade. They back into the spots to see the parade go down the frontage road and then pull out and turn around to see the fireworks in the other direction. We decided to go rogue and tough it out. Here they are freezing again. I didn't ask for permission to post these so here's the disclaimer: If you come visit me, chances are your mug will end up on the internet.

In between the "parade" and the fireworks you can warm up at the bonfire.The festivities were capped off with an impressive fireworks show. I love fireworks. You can't really beat the 4th of July show over Alcatraz, but Alaskan fireworks explode right over the Big Dipper and that's pretty damn sweet.

No comments: