Sunday, November 29, 2009

Days 3 & 4


You might recognize this view from a shot I took in the fall. Looking a little different now.

Made the parents very nervous by taking them 20 miles down an icy, unplowed back road. No cell service of course. What the hell else is 4WD for? They got to see a bunch of frozen lakes and a couple of good look out spots. On the way back we saw two moose and a little winter bunny. Mission accomplished.
I made halibut for lunch and then we hit the local kitsch shops. Carved antlers, wolf paintings and moose poo everywhere. Got my Christmas shopping done.
Then I took them to one of the local breweries so I could get the seasonal porter. Dad says I've turned him back on to beer this vacation. Another mission accomplished. Mom started a conversation with a couple of dudes sitting next to us, turns out they were headed to the same hockey game as us. Met up with dudes at the hockey game and the parents had a great time chatting and watching our team get spanked. Dudes said they would take me fishing today but they stood me up. Dudes, quit playing games with my heart.
Got the parents to the airport early this morning and was surprised to find it has four gates. I was picturing the one gate airport of Show Low, AZ but hey, we're big time here.
Now the house is quiet and I have more leftovers than I know what to do with. Overall, a great visit and a very nice Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Karyn said...

T minus 19 days until you are home!!! Yeah.

M. Kasch said...

Those are beautiful pictures!