Friday, November 13, 2009

Last night my friend in Portland asked me over the phone what it would take to make me stay here. I said three round trip tickets to California a year.
This morning my supervisor asked me what it would take to get me to stay here. Basically he told me if there's anything I want, all I have to do is ask. He's the second person this week to say that. Why did I not ask for a laptop? Still no power on the old 20 pound Toshiba but a new charging cord should be in the mail. We were standing in the snow covered school parking lot and a moose wandered by across the street. I basically acted like one of my ADHD first graders, blurting things out and jumping around so that pretty much killed the conversation and helped me dodge all commitments. I seem to be good at that.
Seriously though, this district is amazing. I'm not sure I'll ever find better but I'm also not sure I can continue to be so disconnected from my family and friends. I AM liking the snow so far but it's day three so we'll see how I feel on day 33 or 93.
Happy Friday!

2 comments:

little sister said...

If you are staying gone you better get more than 3 trips home a year. Remember I have a room for you. While you're at it see if you can get us trips to see you.

Went to the city for the first time since we moved last night. It was strange to be a bridge n tunnel.

M. Kasch said...

How about a snow-driving lesson Monday evening? I'll talk to you in school about it.