Thursday, November 12, 2009

Socks

Just one of the little differences in my life lately. Used to be, I thought socks were a wate of space and an annoyance on laundry day so I boycotted them. Now I'm eyeing thickness and wool blends like fine jewelry (or something else that people covet).
This morning I wore my snow boots fer realz and I have successfully driven to and from work for two days in the snow with no mishaps. Lets keep our fingers crossed, folks.
Another big difference? Instead of hitting the streets of SF with hot, young twentysomething friends, I'm now vying to get in where I fit in...the empty nesters club. So what if I'm a generation younger and never had a nest to begin with! People who know the ups and downs of life are my kind of people. Lets just hope they let me in.

4 comments:

M. Kasch said...

What's funny about this is that I noticed when you first came here that you never wore socks. . . It was very suspicious!

Welcome to the dark (wool) side.

debacled said...

I'm a convert. When're you gonna teach me to skid?

Karyn said...

it's true. there is basically no need for socks here or even closed toed shoes for that matter. another reason i belong here in california.

little sister said...

It is nice to have my socks in pairs again and not to have to go searching through your room for something to warm my feet

my word verification is chins, i guess even the computer knows i have more than one