Friday, November 20, 2009

I can't wait to get a ride to California

Making a CD for the little one back home. She's upset that I'm gone so I wanted to make her some thing personalized. Hopefully the other three don't get jealous. So far I've got some Coldplay, Spearhead, and Sugarland. I don't know that Paper Tongues is appropriate but that's what Aunties are for.
Last summer Spearhead played a free concert at Golden Gate Park called Power to the Peaceful. I really wanted to go but I didn't think I could get out of my summer clinic on time. I ended up getting there in time to climb down a steep, makeshift dirt trail into the little valley where the concert was and hear this band. Everyone around me was dressed in SF hippie couture and there I was, in my professional clinic clothes with dirt in my damn loafers. It was an awesome set and everyone was high on the hope for political change. I don't often side with the hippie crowd but that concert just seemed to bring out the love. Just one of those SF moments, I guess.
Other than that, I got nothin'. Except this post from one of my faves, Broke Ass Stuart, about one of my other faves,
Bob's donuts. I can't wait to walk the old 'hood in December!

2 comments:

Karyn said...

I don't know how I missed this post. It would have helped the twenty times she's asked if she has any mail. She's going to love it. The others understand the nature of your relationship. She should call you. Tomorrow.

debacled said...

I wrote it and forgot to publish it. I just found it last night when I was finally finishing up the CD.