Wednesday, October 28, 2009

If you go when the snowflakes storm

Driving home from Fairbanks, I got to see Denali on a clear, cloudless day. Apparently only something like 38% of people who come to see the mountain actually get to. Other times the cloud cover is so thick, you wouldn't even now it's there. That's exactly how it is on the Kenai. One day I was driving to work and there was a huge, gorgeous mountain in front of me that I hadn't seen before. It sounds funny to say "The mountains are out," but they really are like stars.


Alone at Denali State Park. That'll probably never happen again. Almost like the time I rode the 49 bus from California to Market St. on New Year's Day and no one else got on.







Dude looks like a lady...or something










I really liked what I could see of the town of Talkeetna the night I stayed there and decided to go back on my way home. I wanted to go to Denali Brewing Company since I've started a collection of pint glasses from all the breweries up here. So I rolled into town and noticed that the money I left for my campsite three days earlier was still there. Hello, refund! My 15 bucks, tacked to the board , reclaimed and spent at the brewery.

Another suprising find: I had the best falafel of my life in Talkeetna, Alaska. After explaining to my neighboring diners and new friends what it was (you know, since I'm so worldly), I got them to order it and they agreed. Delicious.
Someday, when I get a new battery for my laptop you all will get to see Denali too. In the meantime, who can guess the name and artist of the song where I've been getting my titles from for the last four posts? Not Little Sister, that's for sure.That's the way I remember her best...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not Mom either. Surprise!!

debacled said...

Yeah, she takes after you in that respect.

little sister said...

BOB DYLAN
YOU take after mom!

Karyn said...

Little Sister, I have the feeling that you googled that!

debacled said...

she totally googled. Brother will tell you that our favorite game is asking her to name that band. She couldn't get The Eagles for chrissake.