Sunday, October 11, 2009

Alaska Flavor

My new to me, heavy duty coat -waterproof, fireproof, and good to temperatures waaaayy below zero. It's Navy issue to people stationed on the "North Slope," As far as I can gather that's north of Fairbanks, where all the oil people go.


Went to a Celtic themed Rotary dinner to raise funds for literacy programs on Saturday night. Is that someone's Pinot Grigio next to my Guinness? Nope, it's city water. My glasses at home are green and I guess I've never really seen it before. Time to get a Brita.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fancy jacket, should keep you really warm. I'm glad that people will be able to see you in the dark. Mom

Karyn said...

How much does that thing weigh. It's hideous. I'll restate, I could never, ever live in Alaska because there's obviously no way to do it stylishly.

*My word verification is fakerna. So seems intentional.

debacled said...

seriously frakerna ugly. I asked the dude if I was going to look like a dumbass and he said I would be warm and that's all that matters. Maybe a cute hat a scarf will de-butchify it a little? My firefighter pal thought it was one of their coats. At least I won't have to worry about getting involved with anyone. Unless her name is Chris and she's fond of buzz cuts and flannel. YIKES!

word verification- puthe (like puke ugly coat)

Karyn said...

hahahaha!! no scarf is going to help that thing. sorry.

little sister said...

i'm w/ big sister and please DO NOT add a hat to that mess! on the up side you will shock the crap out of everyone when you take it off and they see you are a girl!

Anonymous said...

Dude, You like a Serial Killer or "The Angel of Death"...But its more important to be warm then worry about looking like a murder.