Tuesday, October 20, 2009

To keep her from the howlin wind

Tuesday is Sons of Anarchy night so this will be quick. Drove to Fairbanks this weekend to see friends from SF. It's an 8-9 hour drive. Got to Talkeetna the first night after about 5 hours and camped out in my car. It was around 20 degrees. Cute town, famous for the Moose Dropping Festival. Yeah, that's a festival for moose poo.
When I got up the nerve to climb out from under the blankets, I was rewarded with the clearest, most awesome star-filled sky I've ever seen. You haven't seen stars until you've seen them in the North.
Kelly and Mike and I did a lot of fun stuff, mostly laugh at ourselves for being in Alaska. Who woulda thought, all those nights sitting at the Bucc in SF that we'd soon be freezing our asses off and eligible to be in a lottery for moose roadkill in Alaska.

Sunrise just south of Healy. You know, the "town" where the kid hitch-hiked to before treking off into the wilderness to die in a bus.
Alright, I've lost interest. I'll post more tomorrow.

No comments: