Friday, September 25, 2009

Weekend Update

I've been fighting a cold all week but I think I might have escaped the full force. We're loosing 5 minutes of daylight every day and the coldest morning yet was 31 degrees. Still not really wearing a coat but I'm mostly inside so that's no great feat. Today the kids said it was snowing at recess, it didn't stick so it doesn't count.
Someone got into my car Monday night and stole my GPS system. What pisses me off is that it was probably one of my neighbors. Jerk faces.
Wednesday I was chatting away with Big Sister on the commute home and was almost beside two moose before I even noticed them on the side of the road. Today I heard a story about a woman who hit a moose in a smaller car. It broke out her windshield and crapped all over her as it was dying. How traumatic would that be? I hit a raccoon once and didn't get over it for days.
Let's see, Thursday I had the biggest meeting yet and was definitely put on the spot. Felt like a total dumb ass but my new friend Mrs. Hawker says I sounded like I knew what I was talking about so that's good. Haven't lost the touch. She once lived in Evanston, Wyoming. I visited for two weeks and could barely take it. Evanston: About the only thing to do there is hunt for fossils so I made friends with an old guy who owned a fossil shop and he let me break rocks to look for fish. How's that for fun?

Today Me, Hawker and another teacher went for an after work beer at my new favorite spot. It's the diviest of dive bars, tucked back on a gravel road overlooking the mouth of the river and the Inlet. The bartender is from Fresno, one regular is from San Jose, the other from Modesto. We all got to talking about produce and made everyone homesick.

3 comments:

little sister said...

We will go to farmers market and get you some good fruit when you are home next week.

debacled said...

Sorry, failed to mention the change in plans. But we'll get two weeks at Christmas.

Kelly T said...

I guessin at least 2 out of the 3 were damn Portagees :)
You held out on us in regards to this awesome dive bar.