Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hello, best mail day ever. Here's what I got:

Cute as all hell whistle necklace for my hiking trips from big sister. Scares away the wildlife and keeps me from needing to be rescued by the National Guard. Again. Hopefully. The vendor wrapped it in dictionary paper and I love dictionaries. I especially love the coincidence that the particular word is about departure.
It's so damn cute!

The most expensive fridge art EVER. About 40 grand. I began loan repayment last week as a matter of fact.Ouch! My bank account will be crying for at least 10 years.

I also got a new book, The Yiddish Policemen's Union, recommended by an awesome mentor from last year. It's about Alaska, if Alaska became a refuge for Jews during World War II. I think. I'll keep you posted. Oh, and I got some new materials for my 1st and 2nd grade language delayed boys. Always the boys. My favorite therapy material yet--- a football. Gets a little crazy in the Speech room now and then.

And classic Deborah: Tuesdays are preschools days. Today we read the book, "Mouse Paint" and used watercolors. It was a big hit with all of them. So after school I had my first appointment with a local doctor. She was running for WebMD before I was even out of the office but I expected that. Talked to four different people there. Then I went to a second hand store to look for a table top mirror (artic therapy). Talked to two people there. Then I went to a local meat store. Almost picked up a three year old who wouldn't stop following me around but his parents claimed him in the end. Two different counter ladies, so that's four adults there. And we're up to ten people. I just saw myself in the mirror at 6 pm and I have blue water color all over the right side of my face. Sweet.

2 comments:

Kelly T said...

At least she didn't run for Wikipedia.
I don't get the mirror thing... r u doing coke and didn't tell me?

Debacled said...

ok, i guess table top isn't the right term. I was looking for one of those makeup mirrors on a stand so it can sit in front of my speech kids while they practice.