Sunday, September 20, 2009

Saturdays

I've been spending a good part of my Saturdays at work. An empty school is the creepiest of creepy settings. Don't you just think horror movie?

Our parent group is putting in a trail system for outdoor Ed on the 10 acres behind the school. It's an awesome project. We got a preliminary tour last week and I saw my first bear scat. Anyway, during the initial phase of the project they found a tent and an old car out there. Some of the teachers were trying to tease me about the upcoming 19 hrs of darkness a day and thought I might be scared by the idea of leaving work in the dark with tent dude out there. They have obviously never walked through the TL at 2 in the morning. Actually 2 is strangely quiet since everyone's scored their crack for the night and holed up with it somewhere. It's about 10ish when they're crawling out, jonesin' that's full force Crazy Time. I laughed hysterically inside at the thought of being scared of some hippie when I come from a place where you have to watch for human crap on the sidewalks and friends compare stories of bum sex sightings.

On a less disgusting note, here are some photos of my commute.
Empty roads, incredible rainbow and no snow!
I was trying to capture the colors of the leaves changing. And yes, I was shooting while driving. I'll try avoid that when driving 15 miles of black ice this winter.

1 comment:

Kelly T said...

Hello, the TL is scary at 2 PM also.
Not sure which meaning you had for bum sex sightings... but anyway. It snowed here last weekend! Booyah, FIRST!