Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Self Injurous Behavior

Last weekend I was getting gussied up for the hockey game (big waste of time) when I accidentally gouged some skin off my nose with my own fingernail. Small handled make up brush, abnormally long fingers, no hand eye coordination, these things happen sometimes. Anyway, had to go back to work on Monday with a nasty scratch. Well this weekend I was putting stuff into Kelly & Mike's trunk and walked right into the back of their hatchback door. Small car, abnormally tall, no coordination, these things happen some, ok ALL of the time.Went back to work today with a big bump and a scab right at my hairline. My coworkers are probably starting to wonder about my weekend activities. In reality the wildest it got was a game of shuffleboard with Martin and Larry from North Carolina. Probably retired orthodontists, but nice guys. Hopefully I can stop beating myself up soon, or at least no more injuries to the face.
Today all SpEd staff had to go to a training on writing measurable, legally defensive, IEP goals. Would have been interesting if I didn't just spend 2 years talking about the same shit in grad school and if I didn't have five, 3 yr re-evaluations coming up. I'm impressed at the district's commitment to doing things the right way, just wish I could've skipped it. Also, I think I missed the day when all SpEd peeps decided they could only call their students "kiddos." They're kids for crapsake, why do we have to cutsie it up? It's just become one of those terms that makes me cringe. Like "via". There's no reason you have to say that. It doesn't make you sound smart, just pretentious. And kiddo is not endearing, it's just annoying.

No comments: