Thursday, April 1, 2010

Wally World

It is now light for more than 13 hours a day. Goodbye headlights, hello pavement! It's so weird to finally see the real ground again and also to realize how much ice was covering everything.

Not much has happened. The biggest news is Wal-Mart. Woo. Just got a new one here and it's open 24 hours. I hate Wal-Mart with a passion but when it's the only option, you can't help but get a tiny bit excited. Went on opening day and was overstimulated and ready to freak out in about 10 minutes. I have a tendency towards low-grade panic attacks when I spend too much time in any location where the shallow gene pool fishies swim. Or lumber for that matter. Why are all the mouth breathers fat as hell? You'd think the SSI checks wouldn't cover the grocery bill.

Anyhow, it's a sad day when Wal-Mart becomes your entertainment. Also reminds me that I want to try a little experiment. I don't want to buy anything made in China for 3 months. Think it's possible?

More exciting than Wal-Mart is the way my summer is shaping up. The hospital is paying a ridiculous hourly rate and only wants a part time committment. Now that is my kind of relationship. I also got a house sitting gig for six weeks at a home on the river with a spa, a greenhouse and a bbq. Suh-weet! Did I mention the doggies? Two well trained black labs, trained hunters. They are so freakin' cute it's unbelievable. Just don't know that I'll be able to give them back.

No comments: