Thursday, April 22, 2010

First Comes WalMart

Then comes the gun rally!

The preschool teachers I work with are caring souls. They try to make sure I'll actually stay another year by warning me of things that could ruin my morale if I wasn't aware, like "Deb, you know it's gonna snow in April, right?" and "Deb, you know you'll get mauled by a bear if you go hiking alone, right?"
So then they found this tacked up on the wall at our public school and immediately thought of me:


"Deb, you know no one here will keep the ammo out of the chamber, right?" Actually there were a lot of husband jokes but I don't want to feed that madness. If I hear "the odds are good but the goods are odd" bit one more time, I"m going to barf up my moose burger.

You thought gun rally info posted at a public school was weird? How about a high school field trip to go moose hunting and cafeteria ladies who make the moose into burgers for the whole school? I don't think you can even bring homemade cupcakes for your kids birthday in California anymore.
I'd rather eat a bowl of mayonnaise than tell those sweet ladies that my burger was way too well done but I'm sure I'll get another crack at one soon.
By the way, the damn cold kept me from the gun rally. Now I'll never find my man.