Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tustamena 200











It's a 200 mile sled dog race on the Kenai and a qualifier for the Iditarod. If, like Big Sister, you've never heard of the Iditarod, you need to get your head out of your ass and watch more of the History Channel.
Here are some photos I managed to take even though my fingers were burning as the frostbite started to settle in. It was a clear, gorgeous day but at 0 degrees, you better have some good gloves. I did not but I wish I had some of these...

















Alaskan fashion in action!

4 comments:

Jade said...

That looks like the best wig to have if your going bald!!!

kelly t. said...

I love the pics of all the goggies! At first I thought it was kinda cruel, but people in the industry say they absolutely love to pull sleds and stuff. They get antsy if they can't do it.

Side note: The cranky girl at work's husband likes to say "positive one" or "positive ten" as in 1 or 10 degrees above zero. It makes me snicker because it sounds so REDIC.
By the way, it was positive 5 on Saturday, albeit short-lived.

Debacled said...

Jade- that's real wolverine, yes ma'am. Love that picture of you!

Kelly T.- it was positive 19 here today. You'd be in your short sleeves. Carhart short sleeves.

Karyn said...

this is not fashion.