Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Life's Most Persistent and Urgent Question

On the way to work I like to listen to National Public Radio. This morning, listening to reports on conditions in Haiti, I was pretty much in tears by the time I got to my school. Then I ran into this MLK quote someone had posted in the staff bathroom:“Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?'"
I'm helping in a small way by donating to Doctors Without Borders but I just wish I could do more. Am I actually answering the question or am I just redirecting it?

3 comments:

M. Kasch said...

Good thought. I heard the same radio reports. And I'm the one who posted the quote in the bathroom.
I wonder- how can we truly help those poor people?

Debacled said...

I realized it must have been you when I was writing this post.
I have a friend who went to New Orleans after Katrina. Maybe this is the summer job I should really be doing?

Karyn said...

Listening to the audio book of "What is the What" and asking myself the same question.