Monday, December 14, 2009

Whatcha gonna do with all that junk?

I think we all know that I've never really been one to gravitate towards exercise. Slow and steady wins the race, that's my motto. However, with the darkness, the no friends, and the sorry excuse for anything resembling a scene of any sort, (food, theater, art, bars, etc.) I had to find something to do. Then my friend Marianne invited me to Zumba. Zumba is a latin dance class meant for people much less awkward than I. But I'm determined to keep going because it's so fun and I might actually learn some moves. Right now I pretty much stand there and watch the instructor's feet the whole time. Of course she's a perfect little 5 foot nothing blonde and I really don't think my body can move in the same amount of time her little one can. In fact, I'm sure that's why I'm always off beat.
Here's a little taste of Zumba for you. Watch the one in the green, that's totally me.

6 comments:

M. Kasch said...

is it just me, or does the woman in the white tank top bear an uncanny resemblance to my favorite Deb? ??
Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlRPHHKJt7Q

I hope you laugh as much as I did!
MO

M. Kasch said...

(but seriously- you don't look as bad as her. . . )

Jade said...

Keep at it, you can take the new move's you learn and strut them on the dance floor when you get home. I always feel like a clumsy a** when I do Zumba. That's why I stick to kick boxing...But you keep at it, we don't need your butt looking like the back end of a bus!!! :)

Karyn said...

So, so funny. If it's any relief Deborah, you can just imagine me in the same class. I have zero rhythm and you know it.

Debacled said...

Holy crap that girl in the white IS me!!! I guess there's one in every crowd.

kelly t. said...

I laughed so hard I spit out my coffe. Ow.
The one in green really is you, minus about 3 feet :)