Saturday, December 26, 2009

California Dreamin

I had three flights, one two hour delay, one migraine and no food before hitting Oakland 15 hours after leaving my house. I didn't get my bag until 5 the next day so thankfully I have a friend in SF who can lend me some clothes. Plus, my brother's jeans look terrible on me.
I took a nap and then headed straight for sushi and drinks at my old neighborhood bar. The King Tut Exhibit at the DeYoung Museum the next day was very interesting. I wish I could've taken some photos with my BORP friends but my camera was in my bag somewhere in Seattle. It was really nice to see everyone and I love being able to be helpful. It was an equal access day and the museum was closed to the public so it wasn't crowded at all. They had set up a tactile exhibit for the blind which was really cool. Mt friends got to feel a small alabaster pot from the period and then many replicas of the statues and pottery on display.
Lots of other highlights to tell you about including visiting with my friends and family, shopping in actual stores, eating in my favorite restaurants and the 50 degree temperature change. And the best hotel stay ever. More to follow but it's time for breakfast. I slept in a twin bed with the littlest niece, Sister Sassypants, last night and a chalkboard fell on me in the middle of the night. Definitely need some coffee.

No comments: