Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Thursday's Child

...has far to go.



Tomorrow I have to tell a set of parents that their child is cognitively delayed. I really like my job but this is one part I could pass on. Why was she not in early intervention services? Why was she not in preschool? How did such significant delays get overlooked? All I know is that she needs some major intervention and I'm nervous about this first meeting. How to word things to be gentle yet clear. What kind of plan to write for her so we all feel we're doing our best. I know it'll turn out alright but I'm still anxious.

Last night was the Christmas program for one of my schools. It was cool to stand backstage and give them some encouragement on their way out. They all got so excited today, telling me that they saw me. If it's the little things that push you close to the edge, it's also the little things that pull you right back. And the knowledge that in TEN DAYS I fly back to The City for two whole weeks!!!!!
Embarcadero shots taken on a stroll with Killa Kelly a few years ago. Now we're both up to our asses in snow. My plan is to walk the streets of SF until I can't walk anymore.

2 comments:

kelly t. said...

Best day EVAR! Just look at that sky! ... and the fact that SF has actual SUN right now!

Debacled said...

I'd kill for a blue sky.