Monday, December 7, 2009

I'm Trying Not To Loose My Head

It's funny, the little things that'll push you close to the edge.
I need to write three eligibility reports by Friday. I don't work well at home because I'll find anything to distract me from the task. Right now I have gingerbread men in the oven and a spaghetti sauce on the stove. I'm chatting with my uncle on Faceworld, watching SVU and getting ready to put a load of laundry in. I usually go to a late night coffee shop where I'm not allowed in the kitchen and don't have access to a TV to get anything done.
Tonight I went to the coffee shop, got all set up and then found out they closed in a half an hour. It was 5:30. When I asked where else I could go the only answer was Safeway. Safeway? Where the hell do I live? I wanted to cry or freakout but then I remembered that I'm supposedly an adult. Whatever that means. So I stuffed down the frustration like adults do and came home to anxiously watch the clock while doing anything and everything but what I need to be doing. That'll help.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You poor thing! Just like your mother. Please try to change that! Sit down, do your IEP's, then reward yourself with a cookie!
or something!! Love always, The Mother.

little sister said...

i miss things being open late too.

kelly t. said...

I'd kill for a Walgreen's.

Debacled said...

Walgreen's! I am going to shop like a mother when I get back to Cali.