Sunday, December 13, 2009

Going Back

It's 9 degrees and I forgot to plug in my car so now it won't start. Looks like I'm not going anywhere for an hour or so but....
6 more days and I'll be back in California for 2 whole weeks!! Excited? Just a little. At least 40 degrees warmer, actual sunlight and PEOPLE! I like it here, I really do. But some things have just started to get to me. Like how no matter where I go or what time I go there, I never see a crowd. I don't really like crowds but I do like groups. Particularly if the members are my age and semi-atractive. I don't think I've had a flirtatious interaction in the entire four months I've been here. I may be getting older, but I'm not dead for the love of Rayjay.
Anyhow, I already have plans to hang with many of the friends I've been missing, like my BORP friends. This is a group of adults with disabilities, mostly folks who are blind, that go on social outings together. I've been volunteering with them for about three years as a seeing eye human. I'm so happy to be able to see them again because not only are they a damn fun group but they're amazing individuals who teach me something about how I approach life everytime I'm with them. We're going to see the King Tut exhibit at the DeYoung so I'll get a little culture in on this two week party.

This video is cracking me up. The dancing, the fashions...killing me.

1 comment:

Jade said...

I will be calling you once you return to the ice cold tundra to hear all about your trip home...