Sunday, March 14, 2010

Up, Up, Down, Down, B, A, B, A, Start, Start

I'm in Fairbanks right now. It's about 9 hours north of home but we drove up to Anchorage on Friday, stayed overnight, and then did the rest of the drive on Saturday. Mo's husband is building a pizza parlor in Denali Park right now so I dropped her off there before continuing to Fairbanks. It's so weird to me that I applied to the Denali Princess lodge when I was about 19 but life, in the form of a back surgery, got in the way. Now here I am getting a behind the scenes tour. Because I LIVE here.
I've totally lucked out on this trip so far. It was a clear and gorgeous day for the whole drive so I got to see the mountain with no cloud cover again. Then, last night I finally saw the Aurora Borealis! I'm so excited about that and am going out tonight to try to see it again. Keep your fingers crossed for a clear night.
Also, we just got back from a fancy pants champagne buffet brunch at the Pump House. All you can eat and all the good food you can imagine, complete with homemade whipped cream for the waffles and a carver for the prime rib. It was so perfect because I love breakfast but can never decide what to order, this way you get it all plus a dessert bar! And mimosas! I had to do a little happy food dance everytime I got in line and saw all my choices. Which was four times. And I wonder how I've made it up to 154.2 pounds (there's a scale here).
So now it's food coma and Tetris time. Killa Kelly ordered an old school Nintendo on eBay. Have I mentioned that I love being 30?

1 comment:

Jade said...

I love being 30 too!!!!!!We are grown-up, but we don't really have to be.