Monday, March 1, 2010

Medal Ceremony




This was the same night that Shaun White was presented with his gold. Unfortunately it happened at another venue so the haircut wasn't possible. It was very cool to be at a medals ceremony, we sang the national anthem a lot because the US kicks ass. Another Don't for flag handling: If you're short and holding a waving flag, go stand with the short folks. Every time the Star Spangled Banner played, this woman next to me would hold up her flag which would then gently wave into my head for the whole song. I was trying to be patriotic, but really it was trying my patience.
You can see that for one of the events, two athletes got the exact same time so there where two silvers and no bronze. Also, in the picture of the Austrian Linger brothers showing off their gold for the double luge, you can see the Mosh Pit sign. FYI, double luge is total gay spank bank material. Not that there's anything wrong with that and of course I mean the teams that are NOT brothers. But I digress. The sign was for the Deadmau5 show after the ceremony. In case you happen to be totally unhip like me and have no idea who that is, he's like the hottest DJ in the world right now. But, I am not into speed, glow sticks, raves, nightclubs, nor do I live in the UK. Or anywhere close to where trends are current, so I had no idea who Deadmouse was. When the show started, we were right in the middle of the body surfing, dancing, jumping up and down thing that I would've totally dug at 16. Now, I'm just too damn old for that stuff. I hung for about 20 minutes, and it was pretty cool because the crowd was SO positive, but after that, it was really time to give these old bones (and rods) a rest. Someday I'll impress someone by saying "Dude, Deadmau5? I was in the mosh pit at his 2010 Olympic show!" It could happen.

2 comments:

little sister said...

did you have an "Empire State building moment?" I would have

Debacled said...

You know I did. I just feel so LUCKY and thankful, it's hard not to get emotional. Or, I mean, keep the dirt from blowing into my eye.