Monday, March 8, 2010

Fur Rondy










Princesses of dead things










More dead things












Pooper Scooper, most
important guy in the parade







Fur Rondy is the ceremonial beginning
of the Iditarod.
















The Fur Gallery. That's right, you heard me. Fur Gallery.

Snow sculptures. Next week, ice sculptures.





The outhouse races. First, come up with a theme and name.




Next, build an outhouse on skis and put your lightest, most well humored friend inside. Then push it in a race against other outhouses. Good times.

The belly/muffin top contest. First, get fat. I mean, put on your "winter coat". Next, go to La Mex. Then, loose all of your dignity. Not so good times.
Had a few more pictures of the parade but blogspot is annoying as all hell. Plus I need to get my butt in gear and pack for Fairbanks. Spring Break baby! Yooooowwww! Let's get crazy with some long underwear and wool socks!

PS: This formatting in not at all what my unpublished version looks like but it would take way too much time to fix it. Damn blogspot.

2 comments:

Karyn said...

note from bossy, know-it-all, older sister; make it easy on yourself. change your picture format to centered/large and put your wording under each picture that you want to discuss. it will be much easier and faster and allow more time for other activities such as the process of taking off the winter coat.

Debacled said...

but it gets so long and isn't as visually interesting but I guess when I'm ending up with a mess anyway, I should just do it.
I'm trying to take off the winter coat but I feel like crap because I went to pilates yesterday and have been slightly stressed lately. I need to work through it, I got a pilates video last Wednesday. It's still in the plastic wrap.
I kinda like the jiggling that's been going on lately though, just wish it was happening more upstairs and less downstairs. I look a little T-rexish. Rar.