Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Another One Bites The Dust

I know, I know. I have been remiss. I don't remember the last time I posted but I know it's been awhile. It seems a lot has happened in a very short time.
It finally happened, grandpa #2 has kicked the old bucket. It's a sore subject and was a long time comin' so let's just leave it at that.
I took an auto maintenance class at a local mechanics shop. A woman technician basically took 6 of us (all women) around a car and explained things no one else has ever bothered to. It was so much info, my brain stopped absorbing. But fun and interesting and that shop will have my business until the day I drag up out of this place.
I fell and cracked my head on the ice. I've feared doing this all winter and now that I did, I finally picked up some cleats. They're sitting in the bag in the back of my truck. No Natasha Richardson here though, aside from a two day headache, I turned out all right. Or at least as well as can be expected. Pretty sure all the brain injuries of the past have already taken their toll. It's funny how a simple sentence like "I hit my head." can bring such violent reactions from people, especially speech pathologists.
What else? I finally turned in my application to the hospital and am awaiting an interview. I'm pretty excited at the prospect of working with adults again but trying not to get my hopes up.
OH! The U.S. government says I am proficient in basic math and alphabetizing skills. I passed my census test with a 98% . The background check may or may not have been as definitive, depending on how deep they dug but I passed. So there's always that.
This weekend I'm going to a Special Education conference in Anchorage. My plane tickets to he 2010 Winter Olympics are purchased. The SAD has tried to make a comeback, but I am savvy now. Music, exercise and friends. I'm back to the exercise after busting out of my pants yesterday. Tonight was pilates and I think I've found the perfect workout for my lame, problematic, noodley, bony body.
No kids for the rest of the week!! I love parent/teacher conference days. Only because I'm not a teacher, I know it's hell for them.
Over 'n out.

4 comments:

little sister said...

You cracked your head on the ice?? Well actually I should be surprised it took this long, not surprised it happened.

Karyn said...

i think i like these summary posts best. they give a much more clear representation of the randomness that happens to you.

a section of my audio book today said "you are like the boy who cries wolf except that with you there is always a wolf."

your events are certainly not bad but they are consistently interesting and surprisingly random. that can be counted upon.

word verification-forksm

Debacled said...

So you're saying I'm a drama queen?

Karyn said...

no, you're like the farthest thing from a drama queen ever. i'm saying a lot of shit happens to you.