Saturday, February 13, 2010

Go For the Gold

I watched the opening ceremony last night and now I'm ready to go! We're still not sure if we can get in to any events, tickets are up to $350 for the unpopular ones and security, I'm sure, is tight. I've never been arrested before and it's sort of on my Bucket List, but now is not the time. I'll have to turn on the shmooze and keep my ears open, but it's enough for me to have a great week in Whistler with my best good friend Jessie Rae and her sidekick Mr. Ritter, no relation to John.
My favorite parts of the opening were the swimming whales because it was shocking to see them look so real and because I've now been lucky enough to see them in real life, and k.d. lang singing Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah. Beautiful.
What was yours?
My new goal for the trip is to find that Shaun White, hold him down and give him a buzz cut. What is with the bad Olympian hair? Apollo, shave that shit! Oh no is right! And that chick with the frizzy blonde ramen hair and bright lipstick? I guess they can't all be perfect but can't they have a stylist on board?

V-day tomorrow. Sorry, I couldn't make it to Wal-Mart but wherever you are, picture a gigantic basket covered in cellophane, full of cheap chocolate and an annoying, white teddy bear. Nothing says I love you like useless crap.

5 comments:

Karyn said...

Amen, sister.

Unknown said...

Speaking of bad hair frizz, Side Show Scott finally shaved the whitefro/hippie dreads!

Debacled said...

He's the one white man that could pull off dreads. I can't really picture him without that hair.

Debacled said...

He's the one white man that could pull off dreads. I can't really picture him without that hair.

little sister said...

i HATE that Shaun kids hair. Every time he comes on TV all I can say is "He's so UGLY." Then O thinks I'm mean. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find him and cut off that girly hair!!