Friday, March 18, 2011

Ice Alaska 2011

I just downloaded a new app to my iPhone to help me be a more mobile blogger so we'll see how it goes. Here are photos of Ice Alaska 2011 in Fairbanks. It seemed much warmer this year and we hit the festival at the tail end so there was a lot of damage but some of the carvings held up. Here are my favorites.


The gang headed through the ice maze. No fair when you can just look over the top!












Kelly and I have been in Juneau now since early Wednesday morning. Despite bad news from her family and a dreaded trip to California looming, she's been a trooper and we've had a fantastic trip. She flies out this afternoon and I stay until Sunday so I'll post all about it a bit later.

4 comments:

Debacled said...

Not sure what happened to the horse but so far so good. Now I can post on my travels and when the Internet is unreliable. Or when I've been awake since four am in a shared hotel room with nothing to do.

Karyn said...

those sculptures are amazing!

M. Kasch said...

Glad that you're having fun! It just started snowing here. Next spring break: warm beach, sand, and fruity drinks. Are you in?

little sister said...

The only bad part about the posting application is that you can't click on the pictures to see them enlarged. I would like to see the sculptures bigger. Guess I will have to wait for a slide show when you get home!