Monday, December 13, 2010

All My Bags Are Packed

I'm ready to go. My flight off the peninsula is in about 20 hrs. I have butterflies, a dry throat, pounding heart, wiggly toes and a wandering, uncontrollable mind - the need to be on the move. I just want to be on my way, knowing that I'm getting closer and closer to home. who knows why I thought one more day of work would be a good thing? I've already tried to move my flight to tonight but it was a no go. So far the plan is to get the the airport about 3 hours early and see if I can speed this up already. At this point I might just start walking.
Watched Amelie last night and I LOVE it. Dropped and spilled my sourdough starter this morning. Am a totally mindless, distracted and ineffective therapist today but the kids are so sweet. Three Christmas gifts so far and a little boy who begs me everytime I see him, to take him back to Speech. It will be hard to leave them in May.

1 comment:

Karyn said...

here, it's hard to believe that it's true. that in a few days you'll be sitting in our living room. we may just look at you for awhile. awkwardly, i might add. and honestly, we're trying to curb our excitement a little too because that will make it a little easier to share you while you are here. really though, it's impossible. we're just plain excited.