Friday, November 19, 2010

Population: 1

Abandoned dwelling in my 'hood. Ms. Havisham has left the building.
My Friday night activities consisted of checking the pump house to make sure the light bulb is still on, thus making the insulated little shed warm enough for the water pump to keep working. All good there. Checked the level of the holding tank and had a few moments of dread when the dipstick slammed into something solid, making me think I got a tank full of frozen shitwater and no way to get rid of it. Once I finally got enough light down the tube I found an obstruction in the pipe. Searched the property for something I'd be willing to sacrifice (raw sewage and all) to push it back and found nothing. Finally was able to angle the dipstick past the protruding piece of metal with numb fingertips in 9 degrees and discovered I was worried about nothing. Except that's where I got into trouble over the summer, got a little too comfortable after that first dipstick. Insert proof of emergency pumping picture here:
Then walked the dogs to the river and watched the ice flow by for a bit. Got home with a frozen ass which seems to lack a blood supply but continues to grow. Quite the mystery, yet now I find myself parked in front of the tubes with a can of whipped cream and a tall, hot buttered rum. Mystery solved. It's a nonstop party here, let me tell you. Is 8 o'clock too early to go to bed?

2 comments:

Karyn said...

funny. we were discussing your rear end just last night, emma and i!

Debacled said...

quite the popular rear.