Saturday, September 4, 2010

Alaskan Tobacco Festival

I do not support regular tobacco consumption. I'm a speech pathologist for crap's sake. But, I can get behind the occasional drink and cigar. As I've pointed out many times, there's not much to do around here and a cigar pairing event sounded quite cultured considering the normal options (like squirrel shooting). So, we decided to check it out. The cigar reps and bartender were friendly, the food was decent and free and the fashion was (as always) eyebrow raising. We got to smoke flavored tobacco from giant hookahs, try a couple different cigars and get advice on the best beverages to pair them with. Might have gone a little overboard though since I think there's still 4 or 5 cigars still floating around here somewhere. We're so cool.

4 comments:

M. Kasch said...

Oh, I resent that squirrel shooting comment! See if I ever invite you along again! ;-)

Jade said...

you look quite sexy smoking your big nasty cigar.. But all the cool kids are doing it right!!!

little sister said...

You could send me one of the spares you have floating around. You know how I love cigars

Debacled said...

I'm just jealous I didn't get a chance to shoot at squirrel! Next time and with a trajectory a little less towards the neighbors house.