Sunday, May 23, 2010

So Long, Roger

Goodbye, my little moneypit

The bank decided that even though they'd like to finance me for a huge home loan that I can't really afford, they don't want to give me an unsecured loan to make repairs on a home that I can afford. Whatever. I kinda feel like I just got out of a relationship and can breath easier. Unrestricted. Now that I don't have to save my money for the house, I think I'm going to buy some backpacking equipment.
I move into new digs on Monday. A co-worker and her husband will be gone for 6 weeks and I'll be house sitting. Their house is the perfect size and their dogs are adorable. 2 black labs that'll be my main men for awhile. All I have to do now is pack.

Updates on a few other things:
Getting my veggie box is still like Christmas. So far I've had to figure out what mizuna is, made a rhubarb pie and experienced Ataulfo mangoes.
Arugula,Mizuna salad with grapefruit, radish and a lime vinaigrette. Forgot to take a picture of the pie before I ate it. Which is how I've gained 15 pounds. More on that phenomenon later.

And not buying products made in China has been easy, simply because I don't buy anything. I did buy a shirt but when I got it home and actually put it on, I realized it was not only butt ugly but a product of China as well. Took it back immediately. More for the sin of poofy, angle cut sleeves, I'll admit. It would be a much harder endeavor if I was actually trying to supply a real household. Seems like every product out there has that little "Made in China" sticker.

Had another job interview yesterday. Part-time fill in work for a private therapy company. I had a killer migraine and was trying not to ralph the whole time but I feel like I could really learn a lot from the owner and her team. I'm going to see how it works out. I'm getting very concerned about the impact all this working will have on my summertime activities.

4 comments:

Karyn said...

big hug. i know, it's not our style but whateves.

Debacled said...

have you seen cousin Niki's impression of our family's hugs? It should be an SNL skit. Can't wait to show you the place I'm staying in!

Anonymous said...

Good choice, and big hug! Enjoy your "new place" and your new manfriends. They will probably KISS you to death. I'm sure that you will just love it!!

Karyn said...

i'd like to see niki. i miss her a bit. i think i'll have to do something about that this summer. she can show me the skit then.