Sunday, October 3, 2010

Just another Saturday

Some opportunities are unique to Alaska. Like shooting a machine gun without experience, a permit, ID check, etc. This Saturday we went out to the gun range where the radio station and a local gun shop were putting on a "shoot an automatic weapon" event. I got to shoot an AR-15. First the guy asked me if I had ever shot one before. Somehow I missed that experience in all my years of suburban living in California. Then he asked if I had ever shot a rifle. Yeah. So he handed a machine gun to me and started to walk away. You might want to stick a little closer, dude.
I got a few single shots in and then clicked over to automatic. Shot a few times before I got intimidated by the large crowd watching me and handed it over. Next time, I'll force myself to go longer but at least I can say I did it.
I know you worry that I'm turning into a huge redneck up here but if opportunity knocks I gotta answer, right?




No comments: