Friday, July 2, 2010

Five aM IN A HOSTEL with a weird Computer

Picked up the girls from the airport last night. I love airports. I just love watching people and the airport, especially the arrivals gate, is the very best place for it. It feels so weird to have actual people that I actually know here and I can't wait to show them everything. So far we met up with one of my Anchorage friends to see some bluegrassy type live music and a bunch of white hippie epileptics seize painfully on the dance floor. So, so WHITE.
Anyhow, now we're at a hostel and I (of course) couldn't sleep and have been up for an hour now. I'll be watching The Smurfs in the common room with strangers for ages waiting for normal sleepers to wake up. Then we can begin our tour at Snow City Cafe, the only place to have breakfast if you're ever in Anchorage.
I probably won't be posting much over the next few days. Nothing new, right? But, I will be taking lots of photos and writing posts in my head to transfer to the world wide webs when I get a chance. On the agenda: a craft beer festival in Girdwood, lunch in Hope, hike to a glacier and hike the Russian Falls... and that's just today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time with the GIRLS! Sounds exciting!
Wish I could go to the craft show with you! As always, Love, Mom

M. Kasch said...

Up at 5:00 am? I was in Anchorage last night. I should have joined you!
See you tomorrow. Have fun today. Sounds like a wonderful plan!

Karyn said...

Sounds like fun. I know your friends will be well taken care of, you are such a great guide.

Kelly T. said...

White pseudo-hippie epileptic dancing Seriously makes me MISS San Fran.
So... a birdie told me Cake is coming to Anchorage... are you down for a rendezvous?

Debacled said...

Hells no Kelly T, I'd rather come for Snoop Doggie Daaawwww-ah-ah-ahg. Not sure that translates. Oh well. Cake could be cool too.
Stayed at the Ramada the other night, paid double what we did in off season. Fuckers.